As in the map above, in summer Livigno can be reached by three different routes, while in winter you do not need to go through the route (2), that is from the Forcola pass. Other passes for cars that are erroneously reported by the navigators are the Gavia, the Stelvio and Abula pass, these in winter are closed.
- Opening and closing: www.comune.livigno.so.it/index.php/viabilita
- From Italy and throughout the year can be reached via Bormio and taking the Foscagno pass (1).
Hours and info:
Guardia di Finanza Passo del Foscagno, Tel: +390342979018
- From Italy, passing through Switzerland (Poschiavo), take the detour from Tirano, which does not pass from Bormio, saving 40 km (only passable during the summer).
This path skirts the Bernina pass and is very scenic.
For timetables and info:
- From Northern Europe (3), for those coming from East-Italy (Verona-Bolzano) and through Switzerland or Bolzano-Merano, passing through the tunnel "Munt la Schera", you reach the lake of Livigno and then the country .
The tunnel provides for a payment, also has special times and at certain times is closed for work.
You can find more info here: www.engadin-strom.ch
Engadiner Kraftwerke AG Postfach Zernez (CH)
Tel: 0041 (0) 81 851 4311 or Dogana La Drossa (CH) Tel: +41 (0) 818561888
- Finally, for those arriving from Northern Europe through Switzerland, another tunnel that reduces distances and allows you to cross the Fluela pass which is closed in winter is the Vereina tunnel, where the car is transported by the train. The journey time is 15 minutes, with an average wait of 20 minutes.
Hours and info:
VereinaHotline Tel: +41 (0) 81 288 37 37 www.rhb.ch
from Tirano to Livigno (change to Bormio)
For timetables and reservations: www.busperego.com
from Milan to Tirano-Trenitalia:
For timetables and reservations: www.trenitalia.com
By bus + train
from Lombardy, Piedmont and Liguria:
Transfer from Orio al Serio airport (BG) or from Malpensa (MI).
Reservations and info: http://www.silvestribus.it/it/
From Northern Europe
Direct connection to Zernez by train, then by bus to Livigno Autoservizi Silvestri: www.silvestribus.it